Top 5 | Highstreet Prodcuts For Your Base

by - 05:02:00

 So after a long week of not having the motivation to blog I have dragged my unproductive butt into gear. Being a blogger, a full time art student, having a boyfriend, working 20 hours a week and being a Avon rep (yes I'm now a Avon rep) has literally sucked all life from me and I've wanted to do nothing but stay in bed and play Minecraft (my new obsession). So I apologize for my slight absence, but today I wanted to discuss my Top 5 high street products for your base.


Starting off with primer, the only product that isn't quite high street. However, Prime Time Brightening Primer from BareMinerals is amazing. It leaves my skin feeling so soft - and not just when I wear it. I've noticed that my skin is noticeably softer since using this primer everyday and I love it. It works really well with the L'Oreal True Match which has turned into my every day foundation which I buff into my face using the Real Technique Stippling Brush. I did a review and comparison on the new and old formula for the L'Oreal True Match which you can read here.

I like to use a darker liquid foundation than my skin tone for more natural and flawlessly blended contour and for this I use the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in the shade 120. I blend that into my cheekbones and temples using the RT Stippling Brush again and then set with Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder.

I love the Stay Matte Powder for setting, it makes my foundation last all day. I lightly dust over my face using the Real Technique Buffing Brush and I'm good to go for the day. My only complaint with this powder is that it is extremely matte which makes your makeup look very heavily very quickly.

Last but not least, I use the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer - which I reviewed here - to highlight and conceal. I do have some mixed feelings about this product but it has good coverage and blends into my foundation nicely. 
 
Have you tried any of these products? 

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. I really want to try the primer, how do you think it would work with a dryer skin type?
    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll will because I find it so moisturizing xx

      Delete
  2. I love Fit Me! I just keep forgetting to repurchase it xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too I also love the fit me concealer xx

      Delete
  3. I actually really didn't get on with Prime Time! I must try the True Match foundation soon :)

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( thats a shame! What primers do you like? & you defo do!! :) xx

      Delete
  4. The maybelline one is great...esp with the pressed powder! xx Great post.

    icarus-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete