Review | Witch Skincare

by - 02:41:00

So if you've read my skincare haul post and the little mini review I wrote of everything I picked up, then you'll know I went crazy at the skincare product sale they had going on at Tesco and bought everything they had from Witch Skincare (apart from the wipes). Products from Witch Skincare contain a natural extract of witch hazel - the spot and pimple busting ingredient and one of the main reasons I was so excited to try.


I had some massive breakouts from using the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer (but that's another story) and was just feeling really down about my appearance - you know when you have days when no matter how many times you re-do your makeup, it just doesn't sit right? - and wanted something to clear my face up.

The Pore Minimising Gel Wash is probably my favorite out of the three products I picked up. I splash my face with water before washing with a pump from the gel wash - leaving my skin feeling so clear and fresh. I've been using this stuff to just wash excess makeup off that I missed when doing my usual make-up-off routine and also when prepping my skin for make up in the morning.

I've noticed that over the days my pores appear noticeably smaller and I'm getting less break outs around my T-Zone. However, where I tend to suffer from dryness, I notice that this product can leave that area feeling slightly tight and dry. If that occurs, I just soak my face in Aveenos after using the gel wash.

The Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash is great for eliminating that top layer of dead skin. Scrub, scrub, scrub, off it comes! I use this a few times a week (using it every day can be too harsh and cause micro tears) to help refresh my skin, especially if I have a few break outs on the go.

If I'm really having a problem with breakouts, then I bust out the Blemish Stick. This is something I'd recommend you only put on your spot and not something you use to prevent spots - something that I tried to but found that it caused more spots to surface. However, cover your spots before bed and I guarantee if they're not gone, they would've at least halved in size; this Blemish stick is amazing and such a life saver.

What do you use to kill off them spots? Have you tried any of Witch Skincare before? 


You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. I love Witch, they are such a great budget brand and can really help the skin! I also did a Witch Skincare haul and got the blemish stick which is pretty nice. The Gel Wash sounds great too xx

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the Witch skin care range recently but I used to use it all of the time when I was a lot younger and struggled more with my skin! It sounds like it still works like an absolute charm though. It certainly always did the job for me.

    Just want to say how lovely and clear your photos are too!

    Bethany | curlyandwordy.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I've never tried anything by witch, but you just really made me want to! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might well give that Blemish Stick a go - If I have a big angry spot I tend to just use a tea-tree one from Boots or a Freederm one (niacinamide based, I believe) but neither seem to make any difference at all!
    Interesting reaction to the Maybelline primer too, I had a similar thing when I tried it so it's not just you!

    Misia xx
    gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard about this skin care range. Blemish stick sounds like a great product ☺
    www.fanaasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard about this skin care range. Blemish stick sounds like a great product ☺
    www.fanaasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard about this skin care range. Blemish stick sounds like a great product ☺
    www.fanaasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete