First Impressions | Cream Contouring & Miracle Complexion Sponge

by - 03:51:00


So recently, I purchased myself a cream concealer and contour palette, along with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and decided to give cream contouring ago. As I don't have a Beauty Blender, I'd heard that the Miracle Complexion Sponge was worthy dupe. I'd been using two different shades of foundation for a contouring base before setting with Benefit's Hoola Bronzer. For my first attempt at cream contouring, I used my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer as I found that the concealer palette didn't have the highlighting shade that I need for my pale and yellowy toned complexion. 



The cream contouring palette I purchased was only £5 and I'm pretty sure it's just a unnamed palette they chuck out from China and sell on eBay for dead cheap however I wasn't going to buy the Anatsasia Cream Contour Palette, as this was my first attempt and that "Kim Kardashian Kontour". With a wide selection of browns, I found both of the lighter concealing shades are still a little bit too dark for my skin colour. However, they're nice and peach, and perfect for covering dark circles.

I began by applying my Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup foundation (good that's a type-full) and then with the last shade on the top row of the palette, and contoured my jawline, cheekbones and temples before blending in with my damp Miracle Complexion Sponge. I'm not going to lie, on first impressions it was dreadful. My technique wasn't quite right so my end result was so patchy and blotchy. I also found, that the sponge literally drank up any form of liquid it came into contact with and that I was still squeezing water out of it ten minutes later - like how damp is a damp beauty sponge supposed to be? 


However, I've been using the Miracle Complexion Sponge more and more now, practicing with applying my foundation. I switched to using my L'Oreal Infallible 24h foundation and ohmygosh! It's perfect! It blends flawlessly, it just melts into my skin and leaves me with such a fresh finish. I can not remember how I ever lived without this little cute sponge. Like seriously, why am I so late to this beauty sponge ban wagon!? After mastering the Miracle Complexion Sponge I'm pleased to say I've mastered cream contouring! The world is now my oyster.

Do you use a beauty sponge? What are your experiences cream contouring/using the Miracle Complexion Sponge?

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. I've been interesting in this sponge as it sounds good! I use the real techniques buffing brush for foundation and love it so I bet the sponge is great! I think I'd use the sponge for concealer more than foundation though. I haven't ever tried cream contouring yet as I'm still getting the hang of contouring hahah! xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Honestly I couldn't recommend the sponge more you totally need to get it, I use the buffing brush as well but now I wouldn't go back ;) xx

      Delete
  2. I use both the Beauty Blender and the Miracle Complexion Sponge and they are a delight to use. It indeed blends flawlessly!! The Real Techniques sponge is actually wider and 3D like, so the ease of use if more noticeable, however the Beauty Blender is softer and smaller, making it easier to carry around. Both are absolute must-haves in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must get the Beauty Blender, I was a bit reluctant at the price but since loving the Miracle Complexion Sponge I'm defo gonna buy. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Cream contouring is not really my thing, but this sponge has been tempting me more and more! I think it would be great for blending foundation and concealer.

    Carol in a Page
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of cream contouring before but this palette looks super cute!

    Kimberley xx
    thecolourchronicles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you not? You should youtube it, it's really easy when you get the hang of it! xx

      Delete