Falling back in love with Dove Summer Glow

by - 06:27:00


I think I might have re-discovered a complete summer essential. The Dove Summer Glow is the No.1 Gradual Self Tan in the UK. I'd used it before as a young teenager (I still even HAVE IT) but used in a fairer shade. I was a bit reluctant to swap from my St Tropez Mousse as I literally use it religiously because I'm a ginger living in brunette's body, however when Superdrug had a buy one get one free deal... well I just couldn't pass the offer. I picked up two Dove Summer Glows in the shade Medium to Dark skin (even though I'm naturally extremely pale, I never feel like St Tropez ever gets dark enough for me - Yes ok I'm a tad obsessed with being tan) for £5.25 which I thought was a good deal; until my boyfriend begged me to drive him to Tesco (oh how lovely it is being the driver in the relationship)  and that's where I discovered Tescos also had Dove Summer Glow... but for £2.50! So I picked another one.



Unlike my well loved St Tropez, Dove Summer Glow doesn't have a guide colour, so you've just kind of remember where you've gone. I did my usual routine before bed, washed, shaved and exfoliated and then covered myself head to toe in the gradual tan. I also didn't use gloves when applying, treating it like a moisturizer. The feeling and smell wasn't the best whilst the tan was drying, but the next morning it was fine and I pleased to see that I'd the developed the slightest golden tan. I wasn't sure if you're supposed to wash it off in the morning, however I did anyway.

I continued to apply the tan every night for four days, after which I decided to shave and exfoliate again. After the fourth day I was the perfect, natural golden, although when I shaved and exfoliated the following day, I was sad to see my pale legs glaring back at me. However, Summer Glow it just so simple, I'm more than happy to just build it into my every day routine on the weeks were I'm feeling too lazy to go all out and throw on layers and layers of St Tropez.

Dove Summer Glow is the perfect gradual tan for someone who's lazy like me, or for the people that aren't used to tanning yet. It's so easy to use and I haven't experienced any streaks or orangeness, just a gorgeous golden tan. Dove completely gives you the power of how dark you want your tan as well - you don't have to carry on applying every day. I'm just completely obsessed!


What do you use to tan? And have you used Dove Summer Glow?


Disclaimer: 
All of these products I have bought with my own money and all opinions are my own. I do not get paid to promote Dove nor for anyone to click the links provided.Everything within this post is purely for informational use.

You May Also Like

13 comments

  1. This was also one of the first tans I ever used as a teen and tbh I did really love it (much better than Johnsons, which deffo had that biscuity smell) so no idea why I never went back! If I see this for cheap then I'll definitely have to pick up another for nostalgia's sake :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it a lot better then the Garnier one as well. Defo pick it up, I keep seeing it on offer everywhere :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, I didn't even know Dove had a self-tanning range! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does and I highly recommend it! :)

      Delete
  3. I don't really do tanning, as I'm quite pale and afraid of looking orange. But, in the past I have used gradual tans and liked them - although I've never used the Dove range...this seems like a fab range :) I hate that "fake tan" scent :( so it's awesome that it doesn't last. Great post hun :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too the fake tan smell is so gross so I was happy this washed away. I highly suggest if you would like to start tanning you start with the dove lotion! :) thanks for commenting xx

      Delete
  4. heeey! hope you have a great day! do you want to follow each other via bloglovin? if yes, just follow me there and i'll follow you back soon! http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds pretty ideal for me as I don't false tan but it would be nice to give myself some confidence to embrace my pale legs in the summer! I just picked up a sample of the St Tropez in shower tan so I'm super excited to give that a go!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk
    MAC LIPSTICK GIVEAWAY:
    http://www.clarkecouture.co.uk/2015/07/happy-1st-birthday-clarke-couture-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the St Tropez in shower tan!!! Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  6. The only one for me!! Great article x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not used this for years! Like you I used to have this when I was a teenager. May have to try it again but my tan of choice now is cocoa brown, it will have to do a lot to beat it!
    Kirsty x


    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should defo pick up just for nostalgia :) xx

      Delete