#beautybudget: Top 5 MUA Products

by - 09:20:00


So if you haven't heard of MUA (Short for Make Up Academy) I literally have no idea where you've been for the past forever! Being a total affordable drugstore makeup brand, their products can be a total hit or miss sometimes, however today I've got my top 5 MUST HAVES from their entire make-up collection.



Lip Liner in shade Caramel Nougat £1
A lovely light brown nude and at only £1 this makes it a total must have. It's so cream and blend-able (I love wearing it with their lipstick in shades 14 and 11 but I'll talk about them in am minute) and I find it lasts around 4-5 hours on me without touch up (Unless I'm eating or drinking). However, the sharpener on the end in theory makes a lovely idea but in reality its kinda shit and annoying - it tends to spin and turn in my makeup bag and can leave a bit of a mess - but hey! it's £1, who's complaining?


Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder in shade Iridescent Gold £3
I can't speak for any of the other shades, but the MUA highlighted powder in Iridescent Gold is so highly pigmented and leaves such a beautiful finish - I'm totally obsessed with it. With a heavily bronzed summer look this is perfect to add for that golden glow. The only down side to this product is the packaging, it's extremely flimsy and can possibly snap off leaving you with no lid for your compact!


Luxe Precision Felt Liner £3
For me, this eyeliner is possibly the best value for money! Being a massive fan of the Rimmel London Scandaleyes felt tip liners so I was a bit reluctant to try this eyeliner as some reviewers of this product claim that it smudged and didn't last long. However, I used a eye primer (Urban Decay Eyeshadow Prime Potion) and the eyeliner lasted me all day. It's lovely and thin so you can really create the perfect cat flick. My only complaint is that it does tend to bleed a bit.

Lipstick in shades 14 and 11 £1
The MUA lipsticks - in my opinion - are an absolute god send. Cream, conditioning and - very much to my surprise - long lasting. Without eating, drinking and rubbing my lips together, I find they last a good four hours. This summer I've completely discovered a love for nudes, (no not the picture kind) and shade 11 and shade 14 are perfect. Shade 14 is a light pink beige and paired with the MUA Lipliner in Caramel Nougat is the sexist nude and whilst wearing the pair I have received many a complements. Shade 11 is slightly darker, more of a brown with a deep plum almost red undertone. I like pairing shade 11 with my GOSH Velvet Touch Lipliner in Nougat Crisp for a darker, vampyer nude lip.



Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in shade Tranquility £3
I haven't tried any other shades in the Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer range however Tranquility is nicely pigmented and dries to a lovely matte orangey shade. However, the formula can at first be a bit streaky so I love to build the colour before letting it dry. It lasts around three hours, the texture of the lacquer sitting on the lips can feel a little bit horrible although I find all drying lip lacquer have that texture no matter what brand you buy them from.







Disclaimer: 
All of these products I have bought with my own money and all opinions are my own. I do not get paid to promote MUA nor for anyone to click the links provided.Everything within this post is purely for informational use.




You May Also Like

16 comments

  1. I've heard such great things about this highlight - it looks so beautiful as well! Love the shades of those lipsticks, I've noted them down and will definitely be picking them up next time I'm in Superdrug! Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting <3 Defo pick them shades up! I'm a sucker for natural lipsticks so I adore them. Thankyou x

      Delete
  2. I have only one thing from MUA - the highlight - and I absolutely love it. I'll have to give some other bits from MUA a try!

    http://abbiejade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The highlighter is literally the best! :)

      Delete
  3. I have only one thing from MUA - the highlight - and I absolutely love it. I'll have to give some other bits from MUA a try!

    http://abbiejade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only one thing from MUA - the highlight - and I absolutely love it. I'll have to give some other bits from MUA a try!

    http://abbiejade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh I've heard of MUA. I knew they were affordable but I didn't know they were that cheap! That's such an awesome deal.

    Would love if you check out my blog! Just followed you on twitter and instagram :)
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had Tranquillity but then I lost it on a day out. I fell in love with the colour but I didn't find it that long lasting- but then it doesn't claim to be. I'll check out those nude lipsticks when i'm next in Superdrug they look gorgeous! Nikki x lipstickdrawer < /a >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sometimes it can peel if I rub my lips together :( x

      Delete
  7. I love MUA products, they're awesome! I have one of their highlighters, but its a pinky shade! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to get that one as well! x

      Delete
  8. Love MUA make up! It's so cheap and actually pretty good :) xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love shade 14, it's such a beautiful colour. Will definitely have to try the highlighting powder, I haven't seen this before!
    www.falling-for-grace.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with MUA products,i own there intense kisses lip glosses,lipstick and heaven & earth pallete and i love them so far :)
    Ps:Following you through GFC,would love to see you back at
    http://fanaasbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete